Paintings per set:
Red, yellow, orange, Black, white, grey
Size of composition:
Large (> 0,95 m2)
Acrylic on canvas, 100cm x 100cm x 4cm.
This painting is inspired by Ba Zhai, Eight House Feng Shui, one of the easier and more common Feng Shui methods to determine the auspicious and negative positions of a building and examine whether you are well-suited with the building.
In Eight House Feng Shui, a dwelling is divided into a centre and eight sectors which correspond to the eight magnetic directions; north, south, east, west, northeast, southeast, southwest and northwest. Each of the eight magnetic directions holds a different kind of qi (energy) which will influence the respective place and the person living in it either favourably or unfavourably.
The Chinese new year of 2021 started on February 12, 2021 and will last until January 31, 2022.
Some interesting Feng Shui tips for on Chinese New Year’s Eve and the first days to a month after :
• At midnight, open doors and windows for 10 minutes, so the passing year can let in the new coming year.
• Don’t lend money on New Year’s Eve. If you do, you will lose money all year round.
• Don’t clean until the second day of the Lunar New Year, not even the dishes: you could sweep out the good luck.
• If you own a fish tank, the lucky number of fishes in 2021 is 8: for example, take 7 red goldfish and 1 blackfish. The red fish symbolize prosperity and good fortune. The blackfish will absorb negative energy.
• During New Year’s day, knives or scissors are not used because there is a risk of accidentally “cutting” the luck.
• Also on New Year’s day, do not wash or cut your hair. The first character for hair is the same for prosper. So washing or cutting hair means cutting or washing away fortune.
• Don’t buy shoes in the first lunar month. The word for shoes (haai) resembles the sound of losing and sighing in Cantonese.
• Don’t buy books during 15 days as it is considered bad luck. Also, don’t give books because it is “like wishing bad luck upon the receiver”.
Follow these tips, and the New Year can't go wrong.
If you can't find what you are looking for in the shop, check out the gallery for inspiration.
You can commission me if you want a unique painting in a certain style, size, colour and/or texture, or a painting matching home or office.
Every artwork of mine is an original. If you have an artwork of mine, you are always the only one -exclusively- who has this hand-painted work of art.
Trust your gut feeling when choosing a painting. Would you first like a second opinion, or another view, then I'll be happy give you my advice and tips.
You have the option to buy your painting directly or through an interest-free art purchase arrangement. In addition, you can rent the paintings or rent&save where you build up a savings balance. There is an art loan for private individuals and an art loan for companies. Inquire about the possibilities.
To enlarge an image, just click on it, and click again for further enlargement.
John DutchArt is member of JaKunst and is golden member of the Dutch Association of Visual Artists.
You can buy your painting directly or through an interest-free art purchase arrangement. In addition, you can rent the paintings or rent & save where you build up a savings balance.